Covid 19 information
- It is mandatory for all skaters to sign the Skate Canada BC/YK Section Return to Skate Waiver available on the Sunset Skating Club website (BC/YK Return to Skate Waiver). It must be returned on the first day of skating to a coach or email a scanned copy to this email address email@example.com.
- Please familiarize yourself and your child with the return to skate policies and procedures of Skate Canada BC/YK and the facility. Sunset Skating Club Safety Guidelines..
- Only online registration at https://sunsetsc.uplifterinc.com. In person registration will not be available. Limited space is available due to Covid 19 restrictions.
- CanSkate registrations are restricted to stage 2 or higher. PreCanSkate and stage 1 skaters will not be accepted at this time.
- Parents, guardians and spectators will not be allowed in the rink due to facility restriction of 50 people which includes incoming and outgoing skaters, club personnel and rink staff.
- Skaters are recommended to arrive at the rink with skates, guards and helmets already on. Due to social distancing protocols coaches and club personnel will not be able to assist skaters with tying their skates or putting on their helmets.
- Skaters must complete a pre-screening Covid-19 questionnaire for each session. It is available online at, Online Health Questionnaire. It is recommended you do so prior to arriving at the rink. Paper questionnaires can be downloaded and limited copies will be available at the rink. If you respond "Yes" to any of the questions, please remain home.
- Skaters will be allowed into Sunset arena at designated entrances 10 minutes prior to the session start time.
- At the end of the skating session skaters will have 5 minutes to exit the arena through the same entrance as they entered.